Nuclear Weapons: The State of Play 2015
Professor Ramesh Thakur:
- Nuclear Politics, 4 vols. (London: Sage, 2014) (with Maria Rublee)
- Volume One: The Nuclear Nonproliferation Regime
- Volume Two: Nuclear Proliferation
- Volume Three: Nuclear Nonproliferation
- Volume Four: Nuclear Disarmament and Alternative Voices on Nuclear Issues
- Can a Nuclear Weapons State Champion Nuclear Disarmament Japan Times, 7 April.
- Daring to Dream of a World Free of Nukes, Tehelka (Delhi), 26 April; and
- Treaty-based Regimes as Stepping Stones to a Nuclear-Weapon-Free World, APLN/CNND Policy Brief No 11 (April);
Dr Tanya Ogilvie-White:
- Preventing Nuclear Terrorism: Australia’s Leadership Role (Canberra: Australian Strategic Policy Institute, January 2014).
- Australia’s Nuclear Security leadership Far Exceeds Middle Power Pretensions, The Strategist, 31 January;
- A Need to Address Nuclear Dangers, The Star (Kuala Lumpur) 19 March (with Nobumasa Akiyama, Shahriman Lockman, Chang-Hoon Shin, and Manpreet Sethi);
- Nuclear Peril Should Galvanise Asian Leadership, Japan Times, 23 March (with Akiyama et al);
- Australia Can Take Lead Role to a Brighter, Safer, Nuclear Future, The Australian, 25 March (with David Santoro);
- Preventing Nasty Nuclear Surprises, Nonproliferation Review, Vol. 21 (1): 5-6 (1 April);
- Hard Won Progress at the Nuclear Security Summits, Australian Outlook, 4 April;
- Is there a Theory of Nuclear Proliferation? An Analysis of the Contemporary Debate, Republished in the 20th Anniversary Collection, Nonproliferation Review, 10 April;
- The Hollow 2014 NPT PrepCom, Australian Outlook, May;
- The IAEA and the International Politics of Nuclear Intelligence, Intelligence and National Security, Vol. 29 (3): 323–40 (June);
- Living with the Bomb: The Public and Nuclear Weapons, APLN/CNND Policy Brief No. 12 (June) (with John Page)
- Nuclear Power in Vietnam: International Responses and Future Prospects (American Academy of Arts and Sciences, forthcoming 2014).
- Heine, J. and R. Thakur, eds., 2011. The Dark Side of Globalization. Tokyo: United Nations University Press
- Weiss, T.G. and R. Thakur, 2010. Global Governance and the UN: An Unfinished Journey. Bloomington: Indiana University Press.
- Boulden, J., R. Thakur and T.G. Weiss, eds., 2009. The United Nations and Nuclear Orders. Tokyo: United Nations University Press.
- Jacobsen, T., C. Sampford and R. Thakur, eds., 2008. Re-envisioning Sovereignty: The End of Westphalia? London: Ashgate.
- Hughes, E., W.A. Schabas and R. Thakur, eds., 2007. Atrocities and International Accountability: Beyond Transitional Justice. Tokyo: United Nations University Press.
- Thakur, R. 2006. The United Nations, Peace and Security: From Collective Security to the Responsibility to Protect. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Thakur, R 2011, The Responsibility to Protect: Norms, Laws and the Use of Force in International Politics. London: Routledge.
- Thakur, R. 2011, The Responsibility to Protect and the North-South Divide. In International Law: Contemporary Issues and Future Developments, edited by S.R. Silverburg. Boulder: Westview: 32-47.
- Thakur, R. 2011, Multilateral Diplomacy and the United Nations: Global Governance Venue or Actor? In The New Dynamics of Multilateralism: Diplomacy, International Organizations, and Global Governance, edited by J.P. Muldoon, J.F. Aviel, R. Reitano, and E. Sulivan. Boulder: Westview: 249-265.
- The Concept of an Asia-Pacific Nuclear Energy Community (PDF, 286KB), 18 February 2013
- Thakur, R. 2013, Nuclear Weapons: A Progress Report (PDF,179KB).
- Jayantha Dhanapala, “[The Deadly Nuclear Game Continues, 50 Years After Cuba (PDF,56KB)]](http://cnnd.anu.edu.au/files/201211/dhanapala-on-cuban-missile-crisis.pdf)”, PassBlue, October 29, 2012
- Thakur, R. 2011, If you Want the Peace of the Dead then Prepare for Nuclear War. UN Chronicle,Vo.l XLVIII no. 4 27-29
- Evans, G 2013, ‘Nuclear Deterrence in Asia and the Pacific’, Wiley Online.
- Thakur, R 2013, ‘The Global Governance Architecture of Nuclear Security (PDF,107KB)’, The Stanley Foundation.
- Thakur, R 2011, ‘Nuclear Nonproliferation and Disarmament: Can the Power of Ideas Tame the Power of the State?’, International Studies Review, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 34-45.
- Chin, G. and R. Thakur 2010, Will China Change the Rules of Global Order? The Washington Quarterly 33:4 (October): 119-138.
- Thakur, R 2010, Law, Legitimacy and United Nations. Melbourne Journal of International Law 11:1 (May): 1-26.
- Thakur, R. and T.G. Weiss 2009, R2P: From Idea to Norm and Action? Global Responsibility to Protect 1:1 (January-March): 22-53.
- Thakur, R. and T.G. Weiss 2009, United Nations “Policy”: An Argument with Three Illustrations. International Studies Perspectives 10:1 (January-April ): 18-35
Updated: 1 June 2023/Responsible Officer: Crawford Engagement/Page Contact: CAP Web Team